Monday, October 3, 2011


Today I learned about Power Pumping.  There are different definitions of power pumping but the basic idea is to pump frequently for a set amount of time to get your supply up (or maintain your supply if you suffer from a chronic low supply).

One of the websites I looked at suggested pumping for 10 minutes, resting for 10, repeat, repeat.  I tried this tonight but I think I was timing the pumping sessions a little too close together.  Tomorrow I'm going to try pumping, resting for a half hour, then pumping again and repeating for about two to three hours.  This is, of course, in addition to my usual pumping "schedule" (it's still a work in progress).

Baby Parker eats on a very random schedule.  It's usually every hour and forty-five minutes but then he will go on random cluster feeding sprees during the day as well. Nighttime is a completely different story but I'll get more into that in a later post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...