Friday, November 25, 2011

An (Unwanted) Break From Cloth Diapers (why I'll never go back to disposables)

Disposable diapers smell like pee.

All.   The.  Time.

I never really noticed until today.  All of our cloth was in the wash (due to the Great Cloth Diaper Stink Experiment) so we pulled out the 'sposies.  So gross.  We've been using cloth for a while now and we've gotten used to super absorbent, pee-smell-free diapers.

I also didn't realize how much we have cut down on actual diaper changes since switching to cloth.  Parker goes for 2-3 hours or so in a cloth diaper.  In a disposable he lasts about an hour before the pee smell sets in and he needs to be changed.

Needless to say, I will not be trading in my Subaby and Bum Genius diapers for Pampers or Huggies any time soon.

I prefer my son to smell like baby, not like pee.

2 comments:

Ms. Polka Dottie said...

I noticed this too! I thought it was just my little crazy mind making it up.LOL

We use them sometimes at grandma's house and I HATE smelling that pee smell. :(

Faylyn xoxo said...

It really is disgusting! I thought it might just be me, because I have overactive olfactories (lol) so I'm glad you're saying it too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...